Here is a beginners guide on how to use Quickbooks.
Adding a Sale
Click on the plus '+' sign on the top right menu, under the 'customers' list click on 'invoice'.
You'll then need to add the following details:-
- Customer name
- Invoice date
- Invoice number (usually added automatically)
- For product/service, the standard option to select is 'services' - your sales will be posted to the services income account
- Enter the amount you wish to charge
- Enter the VAT rate if your business is VAT registered (click here for a VAT guide)
- Then click the arrow pointing down in the bottom right corner and select:-
- 'Save and close' if you don't want to add another sales invoice
- 'Save and new' if you want to add another sales invoice
- 'Save and send' if you want to email the invoice to your client
Once you've added an invoice it will become an amount owed to you. To view sales owed to you, click on 'sales' and then 'customers' - the sales you've added should show in the open balance' column.
Adding an Expense
Click on the plus '+' sign on the top right menu, under the 'suppliers' list click on 'bill'.