Millward, May & Co - Wokingham Accountants
Wokingham Accountants

New CIS Subcontactor

New CIS Subcontractor

If you've recently started working as a sole trader you will need to let HMRC know by clicking here and following the instructions. Once you have done this, you will receive a letter from HMRC confirming that you are registered to submit tax returns.

To be able to work within the construction industry, you'll then need to register as a subcontractor by contacting HMRC on 0300 200 3210 and providing a few details over the phone - this should only take a few minutes.

Once you have registered, you will need to fill in the following form so that we can verify you with HMRC:

If you select no, please do not continue with this form. Contact us on 0118 380 0363 or email us at so that we can discuss an alternative.
This will usually be the name of the person or business that sent you the link to this form.
If you're operating as a company or a partnership please enter your business name (e.g. ABC Construction Limited)
This is an 8 digit number for your company that can be found using this link:
This is a 10 digit number that can be found on most letters from HMRC. If you're operating as a company, please enter the company's UTR number. If you're operating as an individual please enter your own personal UTR number.

If you’re looking for an accountant to assist you with your self-assessment tax return, you can contact us on 0118 380 0363 or email us at
— Millward, May & Co