You can access all areas of your personal tax account by setting up a personal government gateway account. Once completed you will be able to:
- View your state pension summary - your forecast and when eligible to claim, your national insurance contribution record and the ability to complete National Insurance claim forms online etc.
- Check your tax credits and child benefits.
- View your PAYE income details.
- Manage your personal details - amend your home address, or the address that you would like HMRC to send letters to.
- Claim and manage your marriage allowance. Transfer part of a personal allowance between partners to pay less tax (if eligible).
To set up your personal government gateway account, click here.
You will need to enter your name, email address and provide a password. You will then be given a 12 digit user ID number - remember to keep your password and ID in a safe place.
To prove it's you, HMRC will need to send you an access code via HMRC app, text message or voice call to a landline phone number - follow the on screen instructions.
You then need to confirm your identity by entering additional security information - name, national insurance number & date of birth. You will also need your most recent P60 or passport to complete your registration.