You've set up your limited company and you're probably wondering what to do next - well, we've written a short guide on just that...
Your Journey So Far
So you've had a meeting with one of the partners here at Millward, May & Co, got a warm fuzzy feeling that these accountants are right for you and signed up to use our services for your new limited company.
You should have also:-
- Filled out our new company form.
- Filled out our new client form for each person associated with the company.
- Provided us with proof of ID (passport, driving license) and proof of address (council tax, utility bill).
- Signed our engagement letter detailing the services that we'll be providing for you.
- Received your certificate of incorporation.
New Bank Account
You'll need to set up a company bank account - it can takes weeks (even months!) to set one up especially if you set one up online and so we suggest getting the wheels in motion on this as soon as possible.
We recommend that you set up a meeting with Raluca at Santander in Wokingham as she provides a quick, efficient and friendly service - her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and her mobile number is 07710 045 214.
Santander along with Halifax, Natwest and Lloyds currently integrate well with our most frequently used software here - Quickbooks Online. HSBC, RBS and Barclays don't automatically download bank transactions into the software and you have to effectively login to your bank every time you want up to date information - which is okay but not ideal.
After Bank Setup
Once you have set up your company bank account we'd be grateful if you could get in touch with us so we can:
- Send you a direct debit mandate via GoCardless so that you can set up a direct debit with us.
- Send you a link to our bookkeeping software so you can integrate it with your company bank account (if applicable).
- Arrange a meeting with you so we can teach you how to get the most out of your software package (if applicable).